
October 25, 2008
Webb Babcock WMA has always been one of my favorite places for photography. There is so much land there to explore - you could spend all day and not even scratch the surface. ...That is - whenever the gates are open.
The gates are only open during the hunting season. So you can only go back to the good parts when you're likely surrounded by swamp buggies full of hunters. At this time of year, a bright orange vest is a standard addition to my photography gear.

Yesterday - October 25th - was the opening day of hunting season. Probably not a good day to go but we did anyway. When we arrived at the entrance on Tucker's Grade Rd, we were amazed at the amount of campers - it was packed! I assume that they were all there for the opening day.

Alan and I head toward our favorite spot - a beautiful lake on the east side of the WMA. It took us about 40 minutes of bumpy road and dodging buggies to reach this location - but it was well worth the trip. The lake is as beautiful as always.
We drove around the lake to get different angles. To get the low-down shots that I like, I had to put on my wading boots to wade the shallow edges. No deeper than shin deep for me - too many alligators for my taste.

I look forward to going back here many times during this season in hopes of getting the perfect light and perfect sky.
No comments:
Post a Comment