So we did a u-turn to see if we could help. We thought we'd get her to jump in the back of the truck and and then check her collar for a phone number. As we pulled up close to her, we realized that she's a pit bull. Great. We were hoping that she's a nice and gracious pit bull!
Alan and I cautiously got out to call her away from the middle of the road. She ran and jumped into the cab of the truck - leaving me and Alan on the outside wondering "Now What?!"
![]() |
| "She's enjoying the a/c while Alan and I are outside wondering how we're going to deal with a strange pit bull in the cab of our truck in the middle of the Everglades." |
Luckily she was gentle and allowed me to read the number on her collar. I called and arranged to drop her off at Wooten's Airboat Tours for the owners to pick up.
We tried to get her to move to the body of the pickup truck but she had decided that she didn't want to leave the nice air conditioned cab. We cleared our luggage from the extended cab area and she finally agreed to at least sit there so that I wouldn't have to ride in the back!
Of course, getting her to get out of the truck when we got to Wooten's was another adventure!

No comments:
Post a Comment